Thursday, November 13, 2008

"Reflection 1": Podcasting my way to mastery of English


Bringing Disneyland Home
is a video series dedicated to all Disneyland, and Disney fans. This series includes home video tours and attraction ride throughs from the Disneyland Resort in Anaheim, CA. Besides, this video series may be used with educational purposes, since it talks about familiar aspects for children, and it uses easy words for them to use.


Webpage link:

http://www.oakfan.com/BDHVodcast.xml

In any case... This is the webpage where I took the link from:

http://www.videopodcasts.tv/feed/382/Bringing_Disneyland_Home

I chose this video series because this offers me a great variety of topics which I can use with my future students. Moreover, this video series gives me the opportunity to continue improving my comprehension of listening texts, and my ability for reflexion. I think, this video series will help me greatly when needing of ideas to engage my future students on a task, because the topics that these videos show are very motivating, especially for young children who really enjoy using technology when learning. Also, this video series will give me the chance of being always updated with some authentic language used in the United States.

Finally, I will use this webpage, and the podcasts present in it three or four times, twice a month (at least).

I hope this will be a good tool for me, and for my future students.

2 comments:

Gina Petrie/CALE/ESLG said...

Abbie--
Nicely done! I like that you give complete details about how you plan to use the podcasts. I predict SUCCESS!

Gina

Gina Petrie/CALE/ESLG said...

Abbie,
My email to you with your grade and specific comments bounced back. I must not have read your email address right. Can you send your correct email address to me? I'll forward the email on to you there. (you did well!)
Gina